Rusagro Group has announced the start of sows supply to new breeding farm in the Primorye Territory26.06.18
26 June 2018 Group Rusagro started first sows supply to the breeding farm built in the Mikhailovsky Area of Priority Socioeconomic Development in the Primorye Territory. It is scheduled to deliver in total 3,600 sows and 80 boars from Denmark before December 2018.
Since 2016 Rusagro Group is implementing its project for the construction of vertically integrated pork production cluster with the capacity of 82 thousand tonnes of pork in live weight in the Far East. Capital expenditures are estimated at 27.7 billion roubles incl. of VAT (23.5 billion roubles excl. of VAT), including 12.0 billion roubles invested in 2016-2017. Current project’s configuration includes the following facilities:
- breeding farm for 3,000 purebred sows (sows supply: June-September 2018);
- six pig farms for 3,000 sows each (animal supply from the breeding farm: January-May 2019);
- grain storage facility (commissioning of first stage and technological loading of silos: September 2018);
- compound feed plant with capacity of 300 thousand tonnes (construction end: May 2019);
- waste utilization plant (construction end: June 2019);
- slaughterhouse and meat processing plant with annual capacity of 670 thousand heads (construction end: February 2020).
First commercial pork will be produced in 2019, full capacity to be reached in 2021. All the animals will be slaughtered. ООО «Rusagro-Primorye», operator of the project, is planning to sell annually around 20 thousand tonnes of half carcasses, 33 thousand tonnes of small and large cuts and 8 thousand tonnes of offal. In 2021 pig cluster will employ around 2 thousand people.
When export markets will be opened the project’s capacity is planned to be increased to 340 thousand tonnes in live weight.
Recording of the conference call is available here.