Rusagro is one of the largest agricultural companies of the Russian Federation. The total area of land is 665 thousand hectares. The total capacity of 4 elevators is more than 735 thousand tons.
Agricultural business-line consists of seven agricultural companies:
- Rusagro-Invest LLC has the land located in the Belgorod region;
- Zemli im. Generala Vatutina PLC has the land located in the Belgorod region in Valuiki area;
- Alekseevkaagroinvest LLC has the land located in the Belgorod region;
- Agrotechnologies LLC has the land located in the Tambov and Voronezh regions;
- PrimAgro JSC is located in the Primorsky region.
- Kshenagro LLC is located in the Kursk region.
- Otradaagroinvest LLC is located in the Orel region.
All commercial farms are located in proximity of such processing companies as sugar plants, animal feed mills and grain elevators. The grain is used as the raw material for the production of animal feed on Rusagro pig farms. Having four grain elevators as its asset, the company has the opportunity to condition and store the grain in the course of the year. The development of agricultural programs in the region makes it possible to sell excess agricultural produce on the market.
Rusagro agricultural business makes the top three largest sugar beet producers in Russia.
In year 2015 the results of strategically important sugar beet crop were as follows:
- Rusagro-Invest LLC on the area of 39 thousand hectares of sugar beet crop produced 1.3 million tons of gross collection.
- Agrotechnologies LLC on the area of 32 thousand hectares of sugar beet crop produced more than 1.2 million tons of gross collection.
- 100% of harvested sugar beet is delivered to the company's plants.
The modern technologies are used in the fields for agricultural crop production on the basis of using wide-coverage high performance agricultural machinery. The selection of the machinery makes is based on the great role played by the excellent quality of field operations, ensuring maximum energy and soil conservation. All machinery are equipped with trailed and mounted implements, which are able to fully absorb the power of the tractor or combine engine and operate on as much wide front as possible.
Soil conservation eco-friendly technology
The companies pay great attention to soil conservation and improvement of soil fertility. That is why green manure and naked fallow, coulisse plants are brought into use on the farms. Experts annually examine soil fertility and compose scientifically based crop rotation and fertilization systems. The newest high-yielding varieties and hybrids of crops are under study, testing and introduction into production.
While introducing the newest technologies the company experts annually also work out plans of fertilizer usage for every crop, taking into account the variety, hybrid, the degree of soil fertility in each field, and even in each of its operating area. Strict "targeting" of fertilizer use allows taking close to the maximum output and eliminates the excess expenditure of costly material.
General Director of the Agricultural Business: